This gorgeous pink moon milk is a soothing bedtime tonic to help you sleep. This warming recipe is naturally vegan, gluten free and features a selection of ingredients to nurture the body such as beetroot, ashwagandha* and cherry juice. Beetroot is great for helping with inflammation in the body and is packed full of vitamins and minerals. While ashwagandha, an ancient adaptogen herb, can have multiple health benefits such as reducing the effects of anxiety and stress. You will be drifting off to sleep calm and stress free in no time!
Ashwagandha and tart cherry juice can be purchased from most health food stores.
• ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for an hour then drained
• 2 cups water
• ½ cup tart cherry juice
• 1 tsp beet powder
• 2 tsp maple syrup (can sub honey)
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp ashwagandha
• pinch of nutmeg
• pinch of salt
1. Start by making the cashew milk. Blend the soaked cashews and water in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Transfer the cashew milk to a small pot and add the rest of the ingredients over medium-high heat.
3. Use a small whisk to mix everything together until incorporated and warm enough to your liking.
4. (Optionally) transfer to a blender and blend for 1 minute until frothy.
5. Top with edible flower petals or a dusting of cinnamon.